VITRAKVI® may cause serious side effects, including:
- Central Nervous System (CNS) problems: VITRAKVI may cause dizziness, confusion, problems with concentration, attention, and memory, changes in your mood, and sleep problems. Tell your healthcare provider if you develop any of these symptoms or they get worse.
- Bone Fractures. Bone fractures can happen with VITRAKVI. Tell your healthcare provider if you develop pain, changes in ability to move around, or bone abnormalities.
Liver problems. Abnormal liver blood tests may occur with VITRAKVI and can sometimes become serious. Your healthcare provider will do blood tests to check your liver function before starting and during treatment with VITRAKVI as needed. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you develop new or worsening symptoms of liver problems including:
- yellowing of skin or the white part of your eyes (jaundice)
- dark or brown urine
- pain in the upper right side of your stomach (abdomen)
- bruising or bleeding more easily than normal
- nausea or vomiting
- loss of appetite
The most common side effects of VITRAKVI include:
- low red blood cell and white blood cell counts
- muscle and bone pain
- low levels of protein called albumin in the blood
- increased levels of enzyme called alkaline phosphatase in the blood (test for liver or bone problems)
- increase in certain liver blood tests
- low levels of calcium in the blood
- stomach (abdomen) pain
VITRAKVI may affect fertility in females and may affect your ability to become pregnant. Talk to your healthcare provider if this is a concern for you.
These are not all the possible side effects with VITRAKVI. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
It is important to always talk with your healthcare provider about any side effects you have while taking VITRAKVI.
Talk with your healthcare provider to find out
more about how VITRAKVI may help you